PRovoke Media 01 Sep 2023 // 3:28AM GMT
MUMBAI — The Mobile Premier League (MPL) won Best in Show at the 2023 South Asia SABRE Awards last night for its yearlong corporate transformation campaign, which helped the online gaming platform navigate a series of issues — including a funding crunch and a potential government ban.
In an unprecedented sweep, MPL also took second place in the Best in Show Rankings, for its public affairs campaign to successfully combat illegal gaming platforms, while also winning the Diamond SABRE for Company of the Year.
The two campaigns prevailed over three other finalists in the Best in Show Rankings as follows:
1. A Year of Transformation for Mobile Premier League (MPL) — Mobile Premier League (MPL)
2. Fighting the Betting Menace in India — Mobile Premier League (MPL)
3. Oyo For All — Oyo Rooms with Avian WE
4. Engineering Change — Gillette India with Genesis BCW
5. Great India Drive 2023 – Commemorating 75 years of India’s Independence — Hyundai Motor India with First Partners
Genesis BCW led all agencies with eight South Asia SABRE Awards, including a Diamond SABRE Award with Diageo India. Avian WE and First Partners both scored six SABREs each, as the three firms combined to dominate winners on the evening. Other multiple award winners included MSL India (four) and PR Pundit (two).
The prestigious CEO of the Year award went to Radhika Gupta, CEO and managing director at Edelweiss MF.
The complete list of winners can be found here.