PRovoke Media 07 Sep 2021 // 2:19AM GMT
The APACD Awards, which recognise excellence from in-house communications teams and professionals, has unveiled the finalists for its 2021 competition, along with winners in two specific categories.
The Awards, which are administered by the Asia-Pacific Association of Communication Directors (APACD), focus specifically on in-house communicators, comprising three categories: In-House Communications Team of the Year, In-House Communications Professional of the Year and Young In-House Communications Professional of the Year.
The competition was judged by a jury of APACD Board members and local chapter chair. Winners will be revealed and celebrated at next week's APACD Summit on 16 September.
As the only Asia-Pacific awards scheme that focuses specifically on the in-house communications sector, the APACD Awards not only reflect the unique status enjoyed by the Asia-Pacific Association of Communication Directors (APACD), but also highlight the fundamental role that communications has played at a time of considerable flux.
"The APACD Awards are designed to recognise sustained excellence among in-house communications professionals and teams," said APACD president Azmar Sukandar. "As the importance of the communications function is rapidly elevated by the remarkable times we live in, it's critical that APACD benchmarks and celebrates the people and companies that are setting standards across our fast-changing region."
2021 APACD Awards Finalists
In-House Communications Team of the Year
- #WeCanDoIt: International Women’s Day campaign — LinkedIn
- Corporate Communications Office, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore — Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Manulife Hong Kong Internal Communications Team — Manulife Hong Kong
- Re-Imagining PR - The Godrej Way — Godrej Group
- The Happiness :D.Squad @TDR — Standard Chartered - TDR In-house Communications Team
In-House Communications Professional of the Year
- Winner: Dr Vivien Chiong, Chief Communication Officer, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore — Nanyang Technological University, Singapore with
Young In-House Communications Professional of the Year
- Winner: "Go above and beyond" — Billy Chan, Assistant Vice President, Corporate Communications, HKEX