Holmes Report 20 Oct 2012 // 11:00PM GMT
NEW YORK—Ogilvy Public Relations has launched ACE (Analyst Community Engagement), a new global service designed to give technology companies an informed and measurable approach to industry analyst relations.
The service will be driven by a global team based in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Hong Kong, Beijing, Singapore and Sydney.
“Analyst Relations is the most global of all the marketing disciplines,” says Luca Penati, managing director of the global technology practice at Ogilvy. “We believe that the analyst world consists of ‘deal makers’ and ‘perception makers’, and that the true value of AR is in knowing how to distinguish between the two, and tapping the right ones to influence sales cycles and purchase decisions as well as shift market attitudes through increased exposure.”
Partnering with KCG, an analyst relations strategy firm serving the technology sector, Ogilvy PR has designed a new approach to analyst relations that offers:
• An approach based on the needs of the client and an understanding of the business of analyst relations firms, and how AR fits into the overall business and communications strategy.
• A comprehensive solution for in-house AR departments spanning strategy and planning, retained analyst services, analyst briefings, ongoing analyst relations, training, presentation development, event management, media references and measurement.
• A global coverage perspective with Ogilvy PR expert AR practitioners, with a collective 50+ years of experience in AR as well as trained and certified in analyst relations by KCG.
• Recommendations and insights that are informed by KCG assets including a 400+ firm and 2,300+ analyst profile database, unlimited access to 50+ analyst firm’s research including all key verticals, and KCG’s amassed knowledge from conducting over 500 analyst benchmark projects in 8 years.
• A flexible agency support model to supplement any internal analyst programs, on retainer or project-based, anywhere in the world.