PRovoke Media 29 Nov 2021 // 6:11AM GMT
PRovoke Media partnered with the Hoffman Agency to explore how public relations ideas and strategies can be deployed to address B2B challenges and drive tangible, sustainable business outcomes.
The discussion covered some of the critical issues in play when it comes to B2B communications, including the changing role of PR in B2B marketing strategy, long term objectives vs short term focus and helping C-suite leaders better understand what PR can accomplish.
Also addressed were how PR investment at B2B companies is changing, from media relations towards social media, owned/paid content and even influencer marketing, and how data and commstech are impacting the ability to measure and prove return on PR investment.
The video conversation featured the following panellists:
- Justin Lam, business executive officer, Nespresso HK & Macau
- Marty Filipowski, director of public relations, APJ, Nutanix
- David Hardoon, managing director, Aboitiz Data Innovation
- Caroline Hsu, managing director AP, The Hoffman Agency
- Sheel Kohli, chief marketing officer, Eqonex
- Arun Sudhaman, editor-in-chief, PRovoke Media (moderator)
0:00 Introductions & relevant experience
6:05 Changing role of PR in B2B marketing strategy
23:27 Long term objectives vs short term focus
29:34 Understanding what PR can accomplish
35:40 Changes in PR investment, from media relations towards social media, owned/paid content and influencer marketing
50:05 Using data and commstech to measure and prove return on PR investment
1:07:17 Quality of B2B content